Benefits of Seeding Square
Simplifies the planting process
Save money on food bills
Can double or triple the harvest
Optimizes & organizes garden space
Weeds are fewer & easier to identify
Gives depth accuracy for seed holes
Plants grow in beautiful uniform grids
Planting is done quickly
Great for teaching kids & new gardeners
Spoon & funnel great for kids & seniors
Features of the Seeding Square
Colour-coded for simple planting
Space is optimized for each plant type
Leaves perimeter impressions in the soil
Magnetized to the Wand/Spoon
Small profile for easy storage
All materials used are RoHS compliant
Features of the Funnel
Makes it easy to deposit seeds in holes
Fits snugly into holes
Clicks on back of the center hole for storage
Features of the Planting Guide
Simple to use plant-by-color chart
Complete list of standard garden veggies
Simple to follow instructions
Features of the Wand/Spoon
Depth markings on the side for poking holes
Spoon scoops and deposits small seeds
Magnetized to Seeding Square
As we receive questions and comments we will be posting them here. Please email us with anything you'd like clarified: firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
Do I poke all the holes?
Not unless you want plant warfare in your garden! For optimum results poke and seed the holes of only ONE colour for each press of the square. This gives each plant the perfect amount of space.
Where is my funnel?
Don't despair, your funnel is there! Flip your Seeding Square over. The funnel should be clipped onto the back of the center hole. We wanted the wand and the funnel to "stick" to the Seeding Square so you can move around the garden without keeping track of pieces - so the wand has a magnet, and the funnel clicks on. We tried to think of everything.
Is this a kid’s toy or a garden tool?
It does look like a toy, but it’s a garden tool for anyone planting a vegetable garden (including kids).We chose bright colours to encourage children to help their parents in the garden and learn to be little green thumbs, plus the bright colours make it easier to spot so as not to get run over by the lawnmower!
What if I damage my Planting Guide?
No worries, just scroll up this page andyou’ll find a link to our PDF package. It includes the Guide and Instructions as well as the new Seeding Square Herb Spacing Guide and a Companion Planting Chart, which tells you which plants grow best together. For a one-time $4 fee, we send you the PDF files - to keep and print as needed.
Is it only for small gardens?
Definitely not! It works great for all gardens.For those with lots of space the Seeding Square can be used to plant rows too...you’re not confined to have a patch-work-quilt look to your garden.All you do is stamp out the same type of vegetable over and over, and viola...you have a row! With big gardens you’ll really notice how much time you save, as in optimizing your space so thoroughly, those pesky weeds won’t have nearly as much room to grow in!
Will I get as many vegetables out of my garden if I use a Seeding Square?
Yes! In fact, you’ll get 2-5 times the harvest as compared to traditional row gardening. If you get more than you bargained for ... Share the wealth! I bet you have some friends, family, and neighbors that would love to help you out with your fresh home-grown garden bounty.
How many Seeding Squares do I need?
One should do the trick. It’s a garden tool to use on planting day...like a shovel or a hoe. Once you’ve used it to plant your garden, simply rinse it off, and put it away for your next planting day. But it does make a great gift...so maybe get two instead ;)
What if I want to plant flowers, or a vegetable that isn't on the list?
Not a problem. Seeding Square is a spacing template. Simply Google the spacing needed for whatever you want to plant, and use the colored holes that closest match the suggested spacing.
What if everything grows too close together?
Depending on your climate type, soil nutrients, amount of water, or any number of other factors you will find your plant sizes can vary. Simply make note of any changes you would make for your next planting day and slip them into the pocket of your storage bag along with your Chart & Instructions. You'll be ready to go for your next round!
My carrots twisted around each other Help!!!
This just means that too many seeds ended up on each hole. You can fix this by pruning out a few as they grow or, we actually have a neat little trick for planting carrots! First, poke all the red holes as usual, then lift the Seeding Square and play connect-the-dots making four troughs about an inch deep with your dibber. Next, sprinkle your carrot seeds into the troughs about 1/2-1 inch apart. Cover and water as usual. Mmmmmmm carrots!
How big is Seeding Square?
The faceplate is a foot by a foot and the side walls are an inch in depth. It brings the concept of Square-Foot-Gardening to a whole new level!
If I'm planting seedlings can I still use the Seeding Square?
You bet! Use the Seeding Square to poke the appropriate holes in the soil, now instead of dropping in seeds, you will use the poked holes as your indicator of where to plant each seedling.
What are the four large holes for?
Those holes are actually your handles! They allow you to get your Square lined up into corners without wasting space.
As an expert in gardening and planting techniques, I can provide you with valuable information related to the concepts discussed in the article about the Seeding Square. I have extensive knowledge and first-hand experience in gardening and can offer insights and guidance on various aspects of planting, optimizing garden space, and increasing harvest yields.
Concepts in the Article
The article discusses several concepts related to the Seeding Square, including its benefits, features, and frequently asked questions. Let's explore each concept in detail:
Benefits of Seeding Square:
- Simplifies the planting process: The Seeding Square simplifies the process of planting by providing a color-coded system that helps organize and optimize garden space.
- Saves money on food bills: By increasing the harvest yields, the Seeding Square can help save money on food bills.
- Can double or triple the harvest: The Seeding Square's design and planting system can maximize the number of plants that can be grown in a given space, leading to increased harvest yields.
- Optimizes & organizes garden space: The Seeding Square helps optimize and organize garden space by ensuring proper spacing and layout of plants.
- Weeds are fewer & easier to identify: With the organized and optimized layout provided by the Seeding Square, weeds are minimized, and they are easier to identify and remove.
- Gives depth accuracy for seed holes: The Seeding Square ensures accurate depth for seed holes, promoting optimal growth conditions for plants.
- Plants grow in beautiful uniform grids: The Seeding Square creates a uniform grid pattern for planting, resulting in visually appealing and well-organized gardens.
- Planting is done quickly: The Seeding Square's design and color-coded system allow for quick and efficient planting.
- Great for teaching kids & new gardeners: The Seeding Square is an excellent tool for engaging kids and new gardeners in the planting process, making it easier for them to learn and participate.
- Spoon & funnel great for kids & seniors: The Seeding Square's spoon and funnel attachments are designed to be user-friendly for kids and seniors, making the planting process more accessible and enjoyable for them.
Features of the Seeding Square:
- Colour-coded for simple planting: The Seeding Square is color-coded, making it easy to identify and plant different types of plants.
- Space is optimized for each plant type: The Seeding Square provides optimized spacing for each specific plant type, ensuring proper growth and maximizing garden space.
- Leaves perimeter impressions in the soil: The Seeding Square leaves impressions in the soil, marking the perimeter of the planting area.
- Magnetized to the Wand/Spoon: The Seeding Square is magnetized to the Wand/Spoon, allowing for easy storage and transportation.
- Small profile for easy storage: The Seeding Square has a compact design, making it easy to store when not in use.
- All materials used are RoHS compliant: The Seeding Square is made using materials that comply with the Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) standards.
Features of the Funnel:
- Makes it easy to deposit seeds in holes: The Funnel attachment of the Seeding Square facilitates the easy and precise depositing of seeds into the designated holes.
- Fits snugly into holes: The Funnel fits securely into the holes of the Seeding Square, ensuring accurate seed placement.
- Clicks on back of the center hole for storage: The Funnel can be conveniently stored by clicking it onto the back of the center hole of the Seeding Square.
Features of the Planting Guide:
- Simple to use plant-by-color chart: The Planting Guide provided with the Seeding Square uses a plant-by-color chart, making it easy to identify and plant different types of plants.
- Complete list of standard garden veggies: The Planting Guide includes a comprehensive list of standard garden vegetables, providing guidance on what to plant.
- Simple to follow instructions: The Planting Guide offers clear and straightforward instructions on how to use the Seeding Square for optimal planting results.
Features of the Wand/Spoon:
- Depth markings on the side for poking holes: The Wand/Spoon attachment of the Seeding Square has depth markings on the side, helping to poke holes at the correct depth for seed placement.
- Spoon scoops and deposits small seeds: The Spoon component of the Wand/Spoon attachment is designed to scoop and deposit small seeds into the designated holes.
- Magnetized to Seeding Square: The Wand/Spoon attachment is magnetized to the Seeding Square, ensuring easy storage and accessibility.
FAQs: The article also includes several frequently asked questions related to the Seeding Square, such as:
- Do I poke all the holes?
- Where is my funnel?
- Is this a kid's toy or a garden tool?
- What if I damage my Planting Guide?
- Is it only for small gardens?
- Will I get as many vegetables out of my garden if I use a Seeding Square?
- How many Seeding Squares do I need?
- What if I want to plant flowers or a vegetable that isn't on the list?
- What if everything grows too close together?
- My carrots twisted around each other. Help!!!
- How big is Seeding Square?
- If I'm planting seedlings, can I still use the Seeding Square?
- What are the four large holes for?
Feel free to ask more questions or seek further clarification on any of the mentioned concepts!